Shapr 3D is the first and only professional 3D CAD to run on an iPad Pro. Ever wondered why any 3D modelling drawing wasn’t much like sketching? or Sculpting?. Well while drawing a 3D drawing it is more convenient by using a mouse as it is handier and more convenient than a pencil or drawing it with fingers.
Shapr 3D was specially designed and created for iPad Pro users and works best with using an Apple Pencil. If you are not a professional then don’t worry with Shapr 3D easy to use interface, it takes less than 15 minutes to learn how to use the program efficiently with perfection.
It can be the best application for students to view and draw any 3D object without any difficulty and you can save your drawing in your device or mail it to your client. Draw shapes and transform them, sketch and chamfer edges in seconds.
Shapr 3D has three basic features which include:
- Fast – All you need is iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Shapr 3d and you can sketch any drawing instantly like you did on a paper. All your results will be displayed instantly in 3D.
- Compatible – It is compatible with all your major CAD software like AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Fusion 360, Rhino 3D, CATIA, Inventor etc.
- Precise – All your sketches will be precise and perfectly measured in mm, cm, m, inch, and foot.
- Boolean – There are basically three boolean operations – Union, Subtract, Intersect. If applied on two overlapping objects, union unites two or more objects and on another hand, intersection does the opposite of union operation. Subtract operation takes away one object and overlap from two different overlapping objects.
2. Offset – Offset tool copies a closed wire. The copies have the same center as that of a closed wire whose copying scale can be set with Apple Pencil.
3. Sweep – Sweep is mostly similar to Loft. Along with Loft, you will get a feature to specify the path along which the software will connect the cross section.
4. Loft – By using Loft tool, you can create an object only by specifying its cross section.
5. Revolve – The revolve tool revolves the object which is selected along a specific axis, by a specific amount of degrees.
6. Freeform – Sharpr 3D is an only app which helps you achieve unconventional designs freeform surfaces. Freeform tool molds existing surface along with contours and control points which you draw.
7. Chamfer – Easily chamfer edges in Shapr 3D. By simply pushing and pulling the edges, you can modify them.
8. Extrude – Extrude feature allows you to instantly make your sketches go from 2D to 3D by simply extending objects by extruding their faces along axis.
9. Shell – It can be used to create a hollow object form solid object. For this, you have to specify the wall thickness.
Shapr 3D is compatible with iOS 9.1 or later and works best with iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPod Pro. The new version is 1.2.5 and features included in this new version are:
- Select multiple edges to fillet/chamfer or extrude multiple faces.
- Display multiple information about selected objects (length, area, and distances).
- With the latest version, the problem of viewing large models become easy and now most complex models will run at 60 frames per second.
Along with this new features, there are some major bug fixes and improvements in the application.
Shapr 3D latest version was updated on 24 August 2016 and the size of the download is 454 MB. It is available in only English language and you can download this for free by visiting App Store.